Building a destination

11 12 2012

Ribbon_Overview

The WJ Skatepark + Urban Plaza project began in early 2004 when more than 1,700 petitioners submitted a proposal to City Council to build a large regional-scale, covered, and lit destination skatepark centrally located in Eugene. The skatepark is being built through a strong public-private partnership between the City of Eugene and the non-profits Eugene Parks Foundation, Skaters for Eugene Skateparks and the Downtown Rotary. Through this partnership, our goal is to raise 25% of the project total in private funds, close to $240,000.  The City will contribute the remaining 75% of the project costs through uncommitted System Development Charges already in hand.

The partnership has raised $68,000 thus far, leaving a $175,000 gap to fill by the end of April 2013 to begin construction this summer. We hope you will get on board and be a part of this legacy project that is moving fast.

There are many opportunities available for you to get involved:

• Sponsor a piece of the skatepark such as a bench or skate element
• Donate cash or in-kind materials toward construction
• Sponsor an area as a group or as an individual, naming rights are available

logos1








Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.